Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27: Care for the careworn soul

Being of solid Canadian stock, I try not to mind the winter weather, but today the cold and the snow and a variety of events conspired to get the better of me. Since I'm not really a fan of spending my only day off moping, I eventually just togged up and headed out for provisions.


I bought some new beeswax candles to light in the middle of the afternoon. (In a fabulous repurposed tin baking mould from Sherrie, isn't it neat?)


I also stocked up on the ingredients for homemade granola, which is in the oven now, redolent of maple, cinnamon and ginger.


These tulips cost a whopping $10, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. They practically glow in the dark.


Home again, I dug around and found a bit of sunshine in my yarn stash. These bright yellow socks and a variegated rainbow toque on the needles mean a bit of sun even when the clouds roll in.


 That's better! Hope that some colour (and some chocolate) found its way into your day today.

1 comment:

  1. tulips and brownies are my go-to cure for the winter blues. i bought peruvian lilies on the 31st of december and they are still fresh and lovely thanks to the cold. almost can't believe it. nothing cheers me like fresh flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. Thank you for getting in touch!